Exploration, Excitement, Experiences. They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
In the Advanced Open Water course, you’ll hone your skills by completing five different adventure dives: Underwater Navigation, Deep Diving (60-100ft), and three more adventure dives that you and your instructor will decide on such as Peak Performance Buoyancy, Search & Recovery, Enriched Air Nitrox, Underwater Naturalist, Altitude Diving, Boat Diving, Night Diving, and others.
Prerequisites: To take this course, you must be a certified diver through PADI or another recognized dive agency.
|Learning Materials||$45||Certification Card and Adventures in Diving Manual|
|Tuition||$225||All Classroom and Open Water Instruction with a PADI Certified Instructor and one or more PADI Certified Assistants.|
|Total Course Cost||$270||Upgrade to ocean dives for just $39!|
Other Required Equipment:
You will need to have a signal tube and SCUBA rated compass for the navigation portion of your course.
“Challenging” and “rewarding” best describe the PADI Rescue Diver course. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands on what you already know about how to prevent problems, and how to manage them if they occur. The fun part about this course is rising to challenges and mastering them. Most divers find this course both demanding and rewarding, and at the end, say it’s the best course they’ve ever taken. While taking this course, you will learn a range of rescue techniques such as self rescue, recognizing and managing stress in other divers, emergency management and equipment, rescuing panicked divers, and rescuing unresponsive divers.
Prerequisites: You must be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver, hold valid CPR/First Aid certification, and be at least 15 years old. (ask us about CPR/First Aid Courses)
Cost: $279 Includes Tution, All Materials, CPR Pocket Mask, and PADI Certfication Fee. Rental Equipment, if needed, is not included
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course is designed to begin right after the PADI Open Water Diver course. It will help increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor.
You will increase your skills by completing 5 adventure dives that will introduce you to:
- Underwater Navigation
- Deeper water Diving (60-100ft)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives (Instructor determined, Requests Welcome!).
Required Materials and Equipment:
- PADI Adventures in Diving Manual or Multimedia
- Underwater compass
- Same equipment as OW – You must have your own personal snorkel gear. Scuba Equipment (BCD, Regulators, Wetsuits etc are available for rent, please reserve a minimum of 1 week prior to class
- Additional Equipment may be required depending on the choice of adventure dives, i.e. Underwater lights are required for Night Diving. Check with your instructor for any additional equipment requirement.
Self Study – Prior to class night…
- Please read the related chapters in your Adventures in Diving Manual, this should include: Deep Diving, Underwater Navigator and the other 3 adventure areas as assigned.
- Complete the Knowledge reviews for each of the 5 adventure dive areas.
Administrative Documents – Minimum of 1 week prior to class
- Please complete PADI’s “Continuing Education Administrative Document” the form can be downloaded at fisheyescuba.com
- Carefully review the Medical Statement – a YES or No is required in each blank. If you answer YES to any condition, a physician’s signature is required on a separate PADI Medical Statement form prior to any pool or open water sessions. This form can be downloaded from fisheyescuba.com. We want to make sure you have fun and can safely participate!
- If you are under 18, please secure your parent or guardian’s signature on all administrative documents prior to the start of class
- Your instructor should be contacting you via email at least one week prior to the start of class. He/She can answer any questions you may have about the course. It you have any other issues or questions prior to class, feel free to contact Fisheye Scuba (916) 850-1145 and we'll make sure you get the information you need.